PUBLIC WORKS PROCEDURES
- KCDA holds the bid but the contract is between the KCDA member entity ("the member") and the awarded contractor. Purchase orders must be issued to KCDA. KCDA does not add service fees to the contract price.
- If the procurement requires prevailing wages under RCW 39.12.040, the contractor and all subcontractors will send the Intents to Pay Prevailing Wage and Affidavits of Wages Paid to the member and copy KCDA. If you don’t get them, contact us and we can send you copies. See liability for failure to comply under RCW 39.12.042.
- If the public works project exceeds $35,000, then a Payment and Performance Bond is required and paid for by the member either as a line item or embedded in the price of the job under RCW 39.08.010. The contractor will acquire the bond and send it to the member prior to the beginning of work. See liability for failure to take bond under RCW 39.08.015.
- Certificates of Insurance are required. The contractor will acquire the certificate and send it to the member prior to the beginning of work.
- As KCDA receives invoices from the contractor, we will contact the member to make sure that the job is complete or that a progress payment is agreed to. We will then pay the contractor withholding retainage. KCDA will send an invoice to the member with the same amount of retainage withheld.
- When the job is completed and all of the Affidavits of Wages Paid have been certified, the member files a Notice of Completion with the Department of Revenue and Labor & Industries.
- If there is other paperwork that is required by the member, we ask that you forward them to KCDA as soon as the job is complete and we will forward to the contractor.
- KCDA will contact the member in 45 days to see if release letters from Dept. of Revenue, Employment Security and Labor and Industries and any other paperwork required by the member have been received. Note: KCDA does not get a copy of these letters, they are to be retained by the member for auditing purposes.
- When all is complete, KCDA will pay the contractor and invoice the member for the retainage.